Thursday, March 12, 2009

Craft Store Treasures

DSC03368

 

Ara and I went to a craft store today and I picked up a couple things from the $1 bins for her.  I found this place mat with the Alphabet written on it (lower case on one side upper case on the other).  It came with a dry erase marker that has an eraser on the cap.  The mat went over like gangbusters (hmm.. is that a real saying?).  She said she was “writing down her schedule” which is super dog cute.  We also got new list pads with magnets to hang on the fridge.  I had one that I used for grocery lists but Ara took a shine to making lists too so we needed more!  I also found a foam 3D animal creation kit and a pad of Disney’s Car’s characters that came with little markers.  All for a dollar each!  Woo hoo.  I have way to much fun in craft stores.  I spent a lot of time looking at the cake decorating isle.  I need a lot of equipment but I can’t decide if it would be better to buy individually or as a set. 

I need all things cake! 

I swear every isle in that store sparks my imagination.  I want to buy more beads, a canvas, more paint to use on the canvas, storage boxes, picture frames, photo albums… the list goes on and on.  The only place worse for me is a hardware store (craft stores for the serious people).  I managed to escape with under $20 in items and I have a few little things to keep my Ara’s mind and fingers busy!

 

Ara used the restroom at the craft store!  She still has a lot of worries about falling in and the noise of the flush but her successes are out numbering the times when the fears get the better of her.  Yay!  We were out and about from 8:30 am to 2:00 pm and she went diaperless and carefree the whole time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yummy

Share/Save/Bookmark