Thursday, April 16, 2009

YTSO



The world's first collaborative online orchestra performed at Carnegie Hall on April 15, 2009.



It has been really interesting watching this cutting edge idea unfold on You Tube. I enjoyed watching the audition and introduction videos made by the musicians. I wish more orchestras would feature their members in a prominent way, and I don't mean the sterile biography! I watched this hour long performance and browsed the comments which were from a wide range of YT users.

"great out of this world....IDEA thank to all stars"
"omg 1 hour... WHO DOES IT WATCH?OMG :D"

I wonder if there is a plan to hold another collaboration. At that point it might be a tad more competitive after all this publicity! I wish I hadn't procrastinated making a video. Not that I think I would have won but at least I could say I tried! I told my students about it, I thought it was a more of a youth orchestra and I imagined my video being ridiculed! It takes courage to put a video of yourself playing out there for all to judge. In an audition it's between you and the people behind the screen. If you fail spectacularly it can be your own little secret!

This makes me think of a grown up honor band...

Congratulations to all involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yummy

Share/Save/Bookmark