Thursday, April 09, 2009

People can't want what they want

I spent all day looking for a new (used) car to replace our Camry that has now become the shining beacon of pristine used car-ness that no other car will live up to. I have been looking on Craigs list and it seems every "good" deal I find is a crock. The old saying holds true, If it's looks too good to be true, it probably is. I never knew so many salvaged cars were out there masquerading as "excellent condition" cars. If I wanted a car with a salvage title I would run back and buy our Camry. I feel extra tired today. The good news is that my neck and shoulder seem to be healing. I am still all "crackly" though. If I straighten my back or move my neck around I hear pops and creaks. But if I don't do extra wiggling I am feeling ok. I was even able to pick Ara up to see over the rails at the zoo yesterday.

We had a play date with an old friend of mine from school and her 3 year old daughter. Ara was in heaven, having someone her age to hang out with. She even defended her new friend... a little boy was chasing her so Ara pushed him down. I don't condone her actions of course, but I understand her little logic. She was sad when I scolded her for it and had her do a time out. She really tries so hard to do the right thing, I hate to correct her when she feels so grown up and proud of herself. On Monday I took her to the park and she yelled at a jogger, "No running in the street!" Today I put her step stool in front of the kitchen sink and she did the dishes. Which is mostly playing with water, soup, and scrubbing brushes. Before I could stop her she drained my entire bottle of organic dish soap. She turned to me and said, "mama look what I made!" So happy and proud of her sink full of ultra soapy water. What a character!

Hopefully we will make a car decision soon. I need to put this whole thing behind me, I am dreaming cars and accidents and STRESS.

I will have zoo pictures just as soon as I unload them from the camera.... Oh and I had dinner with my high school band director from California! That was pretty awesome possum.

Sleep time.

I leave you with a quote from a recent library pick, Six-word Memoirs on Love and Heartbreak.

"People can't want what they want."
~Dr. Drew Pinksy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yummy

Share/Save/Bookmark