Thursday, July 17, 2008

Flute Motivation

I was paroozing flute blogs and you tube videos and I came across a little article on

How to get your flute practicing back up after a Hiatus


I am posting it here so I don't forget about it lol.

Motivation gogogo!
......

I think a goal I will set for myself is to record a piece and post it here. I miss performing and this can be my mini stage!


......

I found this on a blog

Questions to ask yourself while practicing:

1. Is the tone fantastically beautiful? Is my embouchure without strain or fatigue?

2. Do I have the option of many tone colours and dynamics? Which ones are easy? How can I make the hard ones easier?

3. Am I using musical ideas, line, phrasing and emotion?

4. While playing all-slurred, is the fingering absolutely neat and even? (check with metronome?)

5. Are my large intervals as effortless as possible? (may need to roll out 1 more millimeter)

6. Am I using a combination of free tempo (for relaxing hands) and strict tempo (for keeping fingers even.)? Do I want to keep a record of the metronome markings achieved?

7. Are articulations crisp and stylistically varied? (Mozart/Bach/Prokofiev etc.)

8. At speed, do I need stabilizing fingerings?

9. Is the intonation perfect? What is the key? Which notes should be higher or lower than in equal temperment?

10. Can I improvise based on this pattern? Do I relax and balance my body more when I improvise?

11. Can I create an etude or mini-exercise to smooth out any fingering pattern or embouchure motion?

12. Can I sight-read material in this key or using these musical patterns? Is there an etude that would amplify and develop what I’ve just learned?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yummy

Share/Save/Bookmark